COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
Right now we plan to be open for dental care as of June 1, 2020. I am sure there are many priorities on your list as we all experience a new normal. I want to share with you what a new normal looks like at Kenilworth Dental Associates.
Safety Protocols for Your Visit
- Only the patient will be permitted to enter the office. We ask that any person accompanying the patient wait in or near the car.
- Personal protective equipment. We will continue to use our Highspeed Evacuation Isolite System that protects and isolates regions of your mouth while we work. We will don the latest fashions in scrubs: over coats, face shields, N95 masks, and head covers. We will also offer you a gown and head cover if it makes you feel more comfortable.
- Hydrogen Peroxide rinse. Research shows that a simple hydrogen peroxide rinse before we start caring for your mouth will eliminate a lot of bacteria and viruses from being aerosolized.
- Your temperature will be taken after entering the office. We will make every attempt to make the wait minimal. Once in the waiting room we encourage you to observe social distancing.
- Hospital Grade High Speed Air Filter filtering the air throughout the office.
Health & Safety Protocols
We have a small boutique setting with only two operatories, which is a plus during this unique time of a pandemic. Upon entry into the dental office, please use the hand sanitizer at the front door. We will attempt to time your appointment so you do not overlap with others in the reception area; however, in case there is overlap, we insist that you wear a mask for your protection or wait in your car if necessary. We have removed items like magazines and childrens’ toys so as not to have any cross contamination.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
We will continue with the same diligent protocol we always use to protect against diseases like HIV or Hepatitis. However, we will now add additional precautions, such as using our industrial hospital filter on all restorative procedures and some hygiene procedures. This filter rolls right up to the patient’s face and removes particles up to 1200 square feet. We have you covered!
We have trained on the proper way to wash hands. While basic, this is one of the most important things we can do in our office, and at home with family and friends to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses. We have spent time making sure our staff does it well and that they understand the importance of this measure.
Please be Patient
All of these added protective coverings and staggering of appointments might make your appointment slightly longer than you are used to. Please allow for that and be patient. We are here to deliver both excellence in your oral health care and safety. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call.
The safety of our patients and team has always been a priority and will continue to be a priority. During our time apart, we have implemented additional safeguards and procedures to protect you and our team during your visits with our office. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. Thank you in advance for cooperating with us as we all adapt to these changes. They are for your safety and the safety of our team.
Dr. Miriam Dani and the team at Kenilworth Dental Associates