Advice and Tips on Caring for Your Dentures near Chicago, Evanston and Winnetka
When you get your first set of dentures in Chicago, and for Evanston and Winnetka, you will have many questions. Caring for your dentures will be different from taking care of natural teeth, so it is essential to follow all of the instructions from your dentist when you receive dentures. Here are some tips you can use to care for your new dentures:
- Only your dentist in Chicago, and for Evanston and Winnetka is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial denture.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture toothbrush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpaste. Toothpaste is too abrasive and will scratch your dentures.
- Rinse your dentures in cold water. Your dentures will warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your dentures regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly, so be sure to alert your holistic dentist in Chicago, and for Evanston and Winnetka if you notice these flaws in your dentures.
- Discuss all of your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dentist regularly.
- Have loose dentures examined immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every five years to ensure that you always have quality, well-fitting dentures.